BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rahulhmrc
Calcite | Level 5

I've been tasked to explore whether we can use any SAS tools for a particular text-analytics project. The project involves importing collections of documents of different formats (docx, xlsx, pdf, etc.) into SAS. 

SAS Text Miner (part of SAS Enterprise Miner) might be a possible option.

I'm trying to find out all the file formats that the Text Import Node (which is apparently based on the SAS Document Convertor) supports. The training manual says that "More than 100 file formats are supported". I've trawled through the SAS documentation but for the life of me I can't seem to find an exhaustive list of all the file formats supported.

Untitled.png

Please could anyone point me towards a list of all the file formats that the Text Import Node (SAS Document Convertor) supports?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ger15xxhcker
Quartz | Level 8

SAS does not publish an exhaustive list of all of the file formats supported by the Text Import Node as this list is constantly evolving and subject to change. However, the general list of file formats which are supported by the Text Import Node is as follows:

• .txt
• .rtf
• .csv
• .all
• .asc
• .xlsx
• .docx
• .pptx
• .htm
• .html
• .xml
• Portable Document Format (PDF)
• Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ger15xxhcker
Quartz | Level 8

SAS does not publish an exhaustive list of all of the file formats supported by the Text Import Node as this list is constantly evolving and subject to change. However, the general list of file formats which are supported by the Text Import Node is as follows:

• .txt
• .rtf
• .csv
• .all
• .asc
• .xlsx
• .docx
• .pptx
• .htm
• .html
• .xml
• Portable Document Format (PDF)
• Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation