BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KMWWN156
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have attempted to use the SAS Addin for the first time and are receiving the following error when running code within excel.  I am a very basic user and imagine the answer will also, hopefully, be very simple.

18 proc sql;
19 connect to &rdbms as biw(&dbc_info);
_ _
22 79
200 200
WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference RDBMS not resolved.
WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference DBC_INFO not resolved.
ERROR 22-322: Expecting a name.

ERROR 79-322: Expecting a ).

ERROR 200-322: The symbol is not recognized and will be ignored.

I have code set to run each time I use SAS EG 8.3 and see rdbms refers to my auto Teradata log on.

How or what do I need to do within the Addin to get this to run?

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Statements like this in the log:

WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference RDBMS not resolved.

mean that no value has been assigned to the macro variable RDBMS (or what ever name the warning references).

Typically either you would have a statement prior similar to

%let RDBMS= some text goes here that is used in place of the macro variable.

Or perhaps a macro parameter was left off of a call.

Note: if you place your LOG entries into a text box opened on the forum using the </> icon above the message window things like the underscore characters will appear where they should.

KMWWN156
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks all, there is some code stored within SAS EG which assigns my libraries and Macro - It appears that this needs to be run within the Addin before any code can be ran as the Addin doesn't run this automatically like EG does.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation