BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vcerrato
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I got this error at deployment SAS Viya 3.4, any idea to solve it? As you can see, I have indicated the path of the java installation

TASK [sas-requirements-java : Set SAS_JAVA_HOME] *********************************************************************************************************************************************************
task path: /home/viyadep/sas_viya_playbook/roles/sas-requirements-java/tasks/main.yml:167
<deployTarget> ESTABLISH LOCAL CONNECTION FOR USER: root
<deployTarget> EXEC /bin/sh -c '( umask 77 && mkdir -p "` echo /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022 `" && echo ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022="` echo /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022 `" ) && sleep 0'
Using module file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ansible/modules/files/lineinfile.py
<deployTarget> PUT /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-local-27267w0IIXB/tmpjhOAYv TO /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022/AnsiballZ_lineinfile.py
<deployTarget> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'setfacl -m u:sas:r-x /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022/ /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022/AnsiballZ_lineinfile.py && sleep 0'
<deployTarget> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'sudo -H -S -n -u sas /bin/sh -c '"'"'echo BECOME-SUCCESS-essxsahieddxhnuttrojfbueypdxcfdf; /usr/bin/python /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022/AnsiballZ_lineinfile.py'"'"' && sleep 0'
<deployTarget> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'rm -f -r /var/tmp/ansible-tmp-1558004286.5-72927254772022/ > /dev/null 2>&1 && sleep 0'
fatal: [deployTarget]: FAILED! => {
"changed": false,
"invocation": {
"module_args": {
"attributes": null,
"backrefs": false,
"backup": false,
"content": null,
"create": false,
"delimiter": null,
"dest": "/opt/sas/viya/config/etc/sysconfig/sas-javaesntl/sas-java",
"directory_mode": null,
"firstmatch": false,
"follow": false,
"force": null,
"group": "sas",
"insertafter": null,
"insertbefore": null,
"line": "SAS_JAVA_HOME=\"/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.212.b04-0.el7_6.x86_64/jre/\"",
"mode": null,
"owner": "sas",
"path": "/opt/sas/viya/config/etc/sysconfig/sas-javaesntl/sas-java",
"regexp": "^(#)*SAS_JAVA_HOME\\s*=\\s*(.+)*$",
"remote_src": null,
"selevel": null,
"serole": null,
"setype": null,
"seuser": null,
"src": null,
"state": "present",
"unsafe_writes": null,
"validate": null
}
},
"msg": "Destination /opt/sas/viya/config/etc/sysconfig/sas-javaesntl/sas-java does not exist !",
"rc": 257
}

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@vcerrato ,

Please run a command shown below:

sudo rpm -e $(rpm -qg SAS) --nopreun

Then restart the deployment process with an additional -vvv option. If the deployment fails again, show me the output from the console as well as from the commands shown below:

df -h
mount
ls -ld /opt
ls -ld /opt/sas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alexal
SAS Employee

@vcerrato ,

Please show me the output from a command shown below. Run that command on the deployment target machine:

sudo rpm -Va "sas-*" | grep missing

Also, /opt/sas is an actual directory or a symbolic link?

vcerrato
Fluorite | Level 6

This is the output:

$ sudo rpm -Va "sas-*" | grep missing
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/lib/evmsvrops/SASMacros/obfsusr_missing.sas
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/var/www/html/htmlcommons/8.0/resources/sas/hc/ui/commons/themes/sas_corporate/img/sasIcons/sasdark/16_png/missing.png
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/var/www/html/htmlcommons/8.0/resources/sas/hc/ui/commons/themes/sas_corporate/img/sasIcons/sasdark/32_png/missing.png
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/lib64/postgresql/pgxs/config/missing
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/SASStudio/war/resources/js/dojo/dijit/themes/corporate/images/missing.png
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/SASStudio/war/resources/js/dojo/dijit/themes/corporate/images/sasIcons/sasdark/16_png/missing.png
falta   /opt/sas/viya/home/SASStudio/war/resources/js/dojo/dijit/themes/corporate/images/sasIcons/sasdark/32_png/missing.png

/opt/sas is an actual directory, and /opt/sas/viya/config is not created yet, but I guess the deployment does it automatically.

Thanks for your support.

alexal
SAS Employee

@vcerrato ,

Please run a command shown below:

sudo rpm -e $(rpm -qg SAS) --nopreun

Then restart the deployment process with an additional -vvv option. If the deployment fails again, show me the output from the console as well as from the commands shown below:

df -h
mount
ls -ld /opt
ls -ld /opt/sas
vcerrato
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the help, the installation has been completed. Could you explain in more detail what happened? If you wish, of course. In this way, I select the solution as accepted for those you can help in the future.

alexal
SAS Employee

@vcerrato ,

I'm glad that the problem has been resolved. It looks like you had multiple installation attempts and some of the packages weren't installed/removed properly between them. 

I always suggest checking for missing packages if you had multiple installation attempts.

Thanks for accepting my solution.

Have a good day!

vcerrato
Fluorite | Level 6

I had launched deploy-cleanup.yml as recommended by SAS, but it seems that it was not enough. Again, thanks for your support.

alexal
SAS Employee

@vcerrato ,

You are welcome. In most cases that will be enough, but to be safe, I would run that command and check missing packages too.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation