BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6
Greetings,
Hi guys, I launched SAS Viya for Learners 3.5 successfully but I want to ask why I can't open any files for demos or practices on SAS Data Studio - Prepare Data? It said that "an error occured. The target plan could not be opened". I've used before and it can be opened, but now (after about 3 weeks) this error occur.
14 REPLIES 14
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hello!

We recently had a similar question here and the problem was due to an outage on a SAS web server responsible for delivering data. It was found to recover within a day. So a quick "solution" would be to wait till monday.

If you are impatient one needed to have closer look on your problem. Therefore you in turn needed to provide a more detailed description of what you are doing and send the log along with it.

E.g. I currently do not understand the status you are in. You have picked up a course, you are running SAS Studio (as part of Viya) and try to run a sas script provided by SAS to set up your data? If so ... if this used to be successful it should have left the data it has prepared on disk. ... is that so?

--fja
Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6
I see.. Yeahh, I want to open a plan under course folder on SAS Data
Studio, not running it yet and an error occurred already. So I just need to
wait till monday right? Thank you for your explanation
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
If you do not run anything this seems to be a different thing ... could you provide a screenshot, pls?
Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes sure, can you see the image?
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

No, unfortunately not ... could you use the photo icon do include that? 

fja_0-1673799385750.png

Ctrl-V should work as well ... it then appears immediately in the text you type.

--fja

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Lovely. This has worked. Now the "Show Details" would be interesting ...
Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6

Oh sorry, my bad. Here is the one that show detailsshow details error (sas data studio).JPG

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This indeed seems to be a hickup. If you cannot re-generate the plan (i.e. if it is part of the sas provided contents), then I would ask you to remove the "solved" tag on the previous post so that we can attract the attention of the rest of the community.

Solved threads are normally not tracked by the community, that is.

--FJa

Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6

Alright, done remove it. I hope that it can be solve asap. Thank you to you too for trying to help me 👍😊

Kay1231
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi guys, I'm still facing this problem. I cannot open plan for any files in SAS Data Studio - Prepare Data. If you guys know how to solve this issue, please kindly reply me. Thank you

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Cynthia_sas : Do you happen to know whom to address to? Sorry for "at"-ing  you, but you seem to know most about VLE and issues around it.

cludena
Calcite | Level 5
Hi. Could you solve this issue? We seem to be facing the same problem with a SAS viya 3.5 production deployment. We can't get any previous functional job to work . The error message we get is exactly the same
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are responding to an old post. It would be best to create a new one for your question. Also, the original post was for SAS Learners software, and it sounds like you are using Data Studio in  production. Also, I suggest posting to Solutions > Data Management. The Data Studio software is not part of Visual Analytics. Someone posting to the VA community might know the answer, but this is probably not the best community for the right expertise. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation