BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Arjayita
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all,

I am very new to SAS. I can interpret a few things in SAS but when it comes to writing a code I am completely lost.

data dormant_pca_cc;
set dev.fcs_jun19_dorm_pca_cc_build;

Above is my dataset info. Attached is the file containing the final variables(along with variable description) which should be considered for calculating obligator level score/ PD.

The dependent variable is: FCS_bad_9m_Jun19

Can anyone help me writing a code to calculate obligator level PD in SAS?

Many thanks,
A

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I am sad to tell you that the calculation of PD is very dependent on your situation and data and assumptions that you make. There is no one general formula that can be applied to a data set to compute PD. Where I work, the PD calculations are different for mortgage loans and auto loans, and so on; other banks probably do it differently than we do.

Your question about how to calculate PD is best answered within your company or university. We can help with the SAS once the method of calculating PD is determined, but I doubt someone here can determine how your organization should calculate PD.

On a side note, most people here refuse to (or are not allowed to) download Excel files. So I have not looked at the data in your Excel file. Best to provide a portion of your data as text, as working SAS data step code (examples and instructions) included in your message by pasting it into the window that appears when you click on the little running man icon, but I don't see a need for you to do that right now as determining the method of calculating PD is the first thing you need to do.

--
Paige Miller
Arjayita
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for getting back. Appreciate your input. I will check on this and get back here 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation