BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
somebody
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have a macro that does rolling regression. For each regression, it takes a long time so I would like to look at the LOG and know what period it is regressing.  I use the function %PUT to display the period start and end. However, this displays the actual number of datetime variable without formatting. So how do I ask SAS to format and display those date variables?

My codes are :

/*Loop for years and months*/
%do yy = &year1 %to &year2;
	%do mm = 1 %to 12;
/*Set date2 for mm-yy end point and date1 as 24 months prior*/ %let xmonths= %eval(12 * &nyear); *Sample period length in months; %let date2=%sysfunc(mdy(&mm,1,&yy)); %let date2= %sysfunc (intnx(month, &date2, -1,end)); *Make the DATE2 last day of the month; %let date1 = %sysfunc (intnx(month, &date2, -&xmonths+1, begin)); *set DATE1 as first (begin) day; %let date3 = %sysfunc (intnx(month, &date2, 1, begin)); /*FYI --- INTNX quirk in SYSFUNC: do not use quotes with 'month' 'end' and 'begin'*/ /*An extra step to be sure the loop starts with a clean (empty) dataset for combining results*/ %put ................. Period: &date1. -------> &date2. .................;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
gamotte
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hello,

As you want to make computations and use data step functions, it will be easier and make the code

more readable to do so in a data step.

data _NULL_;
    start_year=symgetn("year1");
    end_year=symgetn("year2");

nyear=end_year-start_year+1;
    xmonths=12*nyear;

do year=start_year to end_year;
        do month=1 to 12;
            date2=intnx('month', mdy(month,1,year), -1, 'end');
            date1=intnx('month', date2, 1-xmonths, 'begin');
            date3=intnx('month', date2, 1, 'begin');

put "................. Period: " date1 yymmddd10. " -------> " date2 yymmddd10. ".................";
        end;
    end;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation