BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

I joined the xlsx file to ma e-mail via excel with options  ATTACH= ("XXX.xlsx" content_type="application/xlsx")

Do you know please how to change the point on comma in digits without changing the parameteres of my PC ?

There is some sas options ?

Thank you for your help !

8 REPLIES 8
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You need to provide more information.

Are you talking about whether EXCEL uses a period or a comma to represent the decimal point in a number?  For example whether one and one quarter is displayed as 1,25 instead 1.25?

It should not matter how you EMAIL the file, but how you create the file.

Did you create the file using SAS?  If so what code did you use?

Do you know how Excel decides which style to use for decimal point?  Perhaps you need to ask on an Excel forum?

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you for your answer, Tom. Yes, I would like to have 1,25 instead 1.25. The file is created via proc export.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I doubt PROC EXPORT is putting any special Excel formatting instructions into the file.

In that case I would assume that the settings of the person opening the Excel file would make the choice of how numbers are displayed.  You might try finding out how Excel makes the decision.  Perhaps try having someone in the US open the file and someone how works in a region where comma is default and see if the file behaves differently. If they both see the same 1.25 then perhaps try changing the locale and/or language settings in the SAS session that is generating the file.

If you want more control of the Excel formatting then use ODS EXCEL and PROC PRINT to make the file.  Then you can use style options to set Excel formatting.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you, Tom!
Do you know, please the option for comma in ods excel?
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Yes, my Excel setting is point. I’m creating the xlsx files with points. I’m asking if it is possible to create the file with comma without changing the settings.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@SASdevAnneMarie wrote:
Yes, my Excel setting is point. I’m creating the xlsx files with points. I’m asking if it is possible to create the file with comma without changing the settings.

I believe the answer is no because Excel stores the value internally always the same.

It's Excel's regional setting that drives how the value gets displayed meaning it will depend on who opens your Excel on what they will see.

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you, Tom !
So I can't do any modification in code, it is Excel settings ?
How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation