BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

Custom Task Tuesday: Advanced Custom Task Cheat Sheet

Started ‎03-24-2020 by
Modified ‎04-09-2020 by
Views 4,431

1571079347403.pngmedium.jpg

Welcome back for another Custom Task Tuesday mini-series! For SAS Global Forum 2020 I have written a piper titled: SAS® Studio Custom Tasks: Tips and Tricks for the Adventurous Task AuthorThis paper focuses on advanced custom task topics that aren't normally covered introductory materials, such as optional task sections, multiple-task workflows, advanced velocity template language, and working with CAS tables.

I released blogs on custom task topics related to the material in the paper every Tuesday leading up to the release of the SGF proceedings.

For the fourth and final post in this mini-series, I am released the...

Advanced Custom Task Cheat Sheet

This cheat sheet contains lots of information and tips for custom task authors who are looking to start making more advanced or complicated tasks.

1.png2.png

Bonus: Additional color option!

The cheat sheet also comes in the "Ignite" color scheme, shown below. The "Illuminate" (above) is probably better for printing purposes, but if you're just checking it out on your computer, you have your choice!

1.png

2.png

Check out the Original Custom Task Cheat Sheet

If you haven't seen it, check out the original which has lots of overview information and tips for beginners. The advanced cheat sheet is for those who have moved out of the beginner phase and are ready for more!

Use these sheets in the following ways:

• download the PDFs, save them to your desktop to reference again and again (Helpful Links section can be clicked on digital version of PDF to visit websites with other resources)
  • download the PDFs, print them out and keep a copy on your desk (you can even take a pen and add your own notes)
  • bookmark this post and this post and come back to these images, without having to download anything at all
  • download the PNG images from this post, and share on social media with #CustomTaskTuesday!

Check out the Task Tuesday GitHub

Download the cheat sheet PDFs as well as all of the tasks from my SGF 2020 paper on the Task Tuesday GitHub. Head over to view the code and try them out for yourself!

Take Me to GitHub!