BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi experts,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to accomplish this requirement in VI 10.8:

I need to add a disposition to the Alert so that a new Case will be created from this Alert but when creating the new Case I need to have the user (who selected the disposition) fill in some custom form with input fields. These input fields values need to be copied over to the newly generated Case to be presented in the Case page.

The only idea I have is to created a Disposition which does a REST call to VI to create the Case + mark the "Display a prompt dialog" checkbox (in the Disposition definition window) and point it to a Page with the custom input form. Question is whether this makes sense and will work and if not if there another way to make this work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ludovic
SAS Employee

When you use a Disposition with the action "Add to Object" to link the Alerted Object to a Case, user will be prompted to either create a new Case, or select an existing Case. If a new Case is created, then the "Create Case" page will be presented, ans the user will need to enter all necessary information to create the Case. It is the standard way, you don't need to call a specific page prompt.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ludovic
SAS Employee

When you use a Disposition with the action "Add to Object" to link the Alerted Object to a Case, user will be prompted to either create a new Case, or select an existing Case. If a new Case is created, then the "Create Case" page will be presented, ans the user will need to enter all necessary information to create the Case. It is the standard way, you don't need to call a specific page prompt.