BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shivrajpawar98
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

If client has a multi-tier sas 9 environment,

on which tier we should run sas 9 content assessment?

Regards,

Shivraj Pawar

6 REPLIES 6
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Please read the documentation first and then refer to the parts that you find difficult to understand. Doc link: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/sasadmincdc/v_049/contentassessment/titlepage.htm
shivrajpawar98
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have already gone through the document but could'nt find anything regarding where to run the content assessment when its multi tier environment.

eddieleung305
Obsidian | Level 7

The simplest answer is to run it on every tier. Try it and you will aware the difference of the output

shivrajpawar98
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I have gone thorugh the document, it says that we need to run system eveluation on each tier. can you please explain what about the other application of content assessment where to run, either on all tier or we can run it on Compute only.

Regards,

Shivraj 

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
It is not possible to explain those points in detail here. The best I can do here is provide this link to a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/ZdkGo3-BArk?feature=shared. If you work at a site that needs to migrate you probably should involve SAS Professional Services or a Partner. If you are working for a SAS Partner and need more information you can learn more via the SAS PartnerNet.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation