BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

As you've possibly seen in my other posts. My company signed up for SAS Viya and we were sold Viya 3.5 which does not contain visual programmer, also known as process flows.

What can we do to get them back? This has been the response we've received from our account manager so far.

• We cannot upgrade to Viya 4 and we cannot downgrade due to the architecture differences
  • We cannot downgrade to SAS Viya 3.4 since it is not covered by our contract
  • We cannot use SAS EG 8.2+ to connect to our Viya 3.5 (to utilize SAS EG's process flows) because SAS blocks all incoming connections of this type

Thank you for your help community. If it wasn't for you all we'd truly be stuck!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The only obvious solution I can think of right now would be to add a small SAS 9.4, single server installation to your hosted solution. That will work fine with any version of EG. From what I understand, quite a lot of SAS customers are choosing a hybrid upgrade strategy which means maintaining both SAS 9.4 AND SAS Viya most likely for reasons like the one you have.

I suggest you ask your SAS account manager to arrange a session with a SAS architect you can walk you through available options. They are the ones most familiar with these types of migration issues and what solutions are possible.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The only obvious solution I can think of right now would be to add a small SAS 9.4, single server installation to your hosted solution. That will work fine with any version of EG. From what I understand, quite a lot of SAS customers are choosing a hybrid upgrade strategy which means maintaining both SAS 9.4 AND SAS Viya most likely for reasons like the one you have.

I suggest you ask your SAS account manager to arrange a session with a SAS architect you can walk you through available options. They are the ones most familiar with these types of migration issues and what solutions are possible.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation