BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I usually connect to redshift via odbc on sas 9.4, but in my SAS-hosted environment I am unable to locate a libname statement that works.

My Redshift server is usually accessed by a url, port, and database name.

Can anyone direct me to the correct libname format? ODBC libnames provide the following error:

CLI error trying to establish connection:[unixODBC]Driver Manager]...

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your SAS Viya environment has not been configured for use with Redshift a LIBNAME alone is unlikely to work. Do you have a Viya administrator contact?

Viya typically runs on linux so odbc.ini needs to be configured.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

I found this really helpful documentation, but I am still having problems:

SAS Help Center: LIBNAME Statement for Amazon Redshift

There is a lot of configuration on my DSN or odbc.ini file and I'd think it's best just to utilize that. Any idea how I can best pass this through and reference in on SAS Viya? 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your SAS Viya environment has not been configured for use with Redshift a LIBNAME alone is unlikely to work. Do you have a Viya administrator contact?

Viya typically runs on linux so odbc.ini needs to be configured.

illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi I have SAS admin contact, and I am afraid you're right. The environment is likely not configured for Redshift. 

If I supply an odbc.ini to my administrator, theoretically they should be able to save it on the linux environment and then a libname alone should work?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@illmatic - I would have thought it would be your administrator who would ensure that whatever Redshift configuration is done actually works. They should be across this sort of stuff and know what to do to get it working. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation