BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rightside13
Fluorite | Level 6

Something that would take 30 seconds in excel but is proving more difficult in SAS, I'd like to add a column to the below which shows the difference between the 2021 and 2022 values, any suggestions?

Rightside13_0-1659713748054.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KeithM
SAS Employee

Here are some limitation from my experimenting. 

1. By default in VA 8.X, the measures are displayed as columns.  There is an option  to switch the rows and columns.  That is how I assume you created your current view.   With changing the columns to rows, if you create another measure for the difference then it can not be on the column next to 2022.

2. To create the difference between a measure, a calculation has to be created for each measure.   This can be as simple as:  right click on measure--> new calculation-->

KeithM_0-1659726771065.png

3. With knowing that you have to create an aggregation for each difference, you will need to experiment with different layouts.

KeithM_1-1659727028186.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Provide a description of how you make the current result. Basically how the values are derived. Appearance options aren't needed.

Someone with more experience than I have with VA may be able to point out what is needed.

KeithM
SAS Employee

Here are some limitation from my experimenting. 

1. By default in VA 8.X, the measures are displayed as columns.  There is an option  to switch the rows and columns.  That is how I assume you created your current view.   With changing the columns to rows, if you create another measure for the difference then it can not be on the column next to 2022.

2. To create the difference between a measure, a calculation has to be created for each measure.   This can be as simple as:  right click on measure--> new calculation-->

KeithM_0-1659726771065.png

3. With knowing that you have to create an aggregation for each difference, you will need to experiment with different layouts.

KeithM_1-1659727028186.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation