BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MikeBsocal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All

Anybody know how to change the font color & size of a Legend? I saw some older posts about it but couldn't find a solution. I'm looking to change the font colors below so I can see them against a dark background.

Thanks!

MikeBsocal_0-1660755436930.png

Adding @Sam_SAS  who may know the answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Sorry, I think there is a way to do this. I don't think you can do this in Theme Designer, either.

It's interesting that if you change the legend background to be black, the legend fonts change color automatically. But that color is not easy to read.

When I choose the Midnight report theme and I set the legend background to be black, the fonts are actually much better. So it may be that you can get there. This is on Viya 4:

legend.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Sorry, I think there is a way to do this. I don't think you can do this in Theme Designer, either.

It's interesting that if you change the legend background to be black, the legend fonts change color automatically. But that color is not easy to read.

When I choose the Midnight report theme and I set the legend background to be black, the fonts are actually much better. So it may be that you can get there. This is on Viya 4:

legend.png

MikeBsocal
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Sam. It's not really the flexibility we were looking for but we may be able to make it work. And no way to change font size, correct?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
The fonts in the report are meant to be responsive to the device and display settings of the user who is viewing the report. If you zoom in your browser (CTRL and the + key), the fonts will get bigger.

I have very little experience customizing styles/themes in VA, so someone else might know more they could share.
MikeBsocal
Calcite | Level 5

The Midnight Theme is working for us, and the Legends fonts are legible. Thanks for the good suggestion. If there's anywhere we can request an enhancement for the Legends, please let me know and I'll do it.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Glad to hear the default Midnight theme is working for now!

If you go here:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas/label-name/sas%20visual%20analyt...

You can submit an "Idea". These posts are reviewed by the product management team, although obviously we can't promise we'll get to it right away.

This feature is a good suggestion -- it seems logical that you should be able to at least change the font color of the legend.

FYI, in many places in a report where you have text that is supplied by the user (object titles, page names, etc) you can double-click the text to edit its properties, including the font, font color, and font size. But generally this is not available for generated text such as legends.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation