BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

Hello--

In viya, is there a way to use categorical variables to create a bubble plot versus using numeric variables? When trying to assign data to 'x axis' and 'y axis', I'm only able to select numeric variables. For example, I have a categorical variable 'Student Level' (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior), and am measuring total number within each group. I'd like to create a bubble plot based on each group size N, with each bubble representing the different groups/levels within my Student Level variable. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

You can find some documentation for this here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_014/vaobj/n1nixuwj79bthfn15ew5dqldpcis.htm

After you import the custom graph, you should see it on the Objects pane.

Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

You can make a categorical bubble plot as a custom graph:

categorybubble.png

To make a custom graph, choose "Build custom graphs" from the app menu at the top left.

After creating a custom graph, you can import it in VA.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks,

Sam

silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply.  I got to the custom graph option and saved it in my folder but I'm not sure how to import it back into the area I'm working in to pull in the data (i.e., the Explore and Visualize section).  Could you provide further instructions how to do this?

Much appreciated.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

You can find some documentation for this here:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/vacdc/v_014/vaobj/n1nixuwj79bthfn15ew5dqldpcis.htm

After you import the custom graph, you should see it on the Objects pane.

Sam

silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation