BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
M_Dexter
SAS Employee

Hello everyone,

We're considering changes to the What's New doc and want your feedback. We're considering moving to a short, high-level list of new features.

Here's the "What's New" doc for the most recent release: SAS Studio 3.8. Here are our questions:

• When do you read the What's New?  For example, "I read it as soon as I get the new release." or "I never read it."
  • What do you like about the current structure of the What's New doc?  What do you find difficult to use or lacking?
  • Do you skim the What's New or do you read the details?
  • How do you use the What's New?
  • What is your role in the organization? Does the What's New help you do your job?
  • Do you share this information with others at your site?

Please take a minute to let us know how you like to find out about the new features in SAS Studio.

We look forward to your feedback!

Marie

7 REPLIES 7
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Thank you for asking!

The one thing which would be really helpful to me: 

An easy way to search in which version/maintenance release new functionality has been implemented. 

Let's say I want to figure out when the libname XLSX engine became available - I haven't found so far another way than to skim through "What's New" version specific entries to figure that out.

manikandanms
Fluorite | Level 6
  • When do you read the What's New?  : When I'm Looking to upgrade to know benefits/cost-effectiveness. Also, after upgrade to learn new features.
  • What do you like about the current structure of the What's New doc?  What do you find difficult to use or lacking?: I would prefer like a PowerPoint style or video rather than text/reading.
  • Do you skim the What's New or do you read the details?: Read details and look for examples
  • How do you use the What's New? Also, after upgrade to learn new features.
  • What is your role in the organization? Does the What's New help you do your job?- Understand and share new features with team/use them
  • Do you share this information with others at your site?- yes
M_Dexter
SAS Employee
Thanks so much for your feedback!
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

- When do you read the What's New?
Not often enough. Only when a new version is installed.

- What do you like about the current structure of the What's New doc? What do you find difficult to use or lacking?
If versions are skipped (they are) I must read several docs.

Surely online versions could be dynamic to include all enhancements between say V2.1 and V2.4, as desired.

- Do you skim the What's New or do you read the details?
Both. ToC, then details

M_Dexter
SAS Employee

Thank you so much for your feedback!  We are discussing how to restructure the What's New right now, so this feedback is appreciated!

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I also like @Patrick 's suggestion:

An easy way to search in which version/maintenance release new functionality has been implemented. 

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I agree with ChrisNZ's comment that it would be useful to have a way to see the differences between two versions of SAS.

The SAS Studio What's New seems easier to use than the SAS Foundation What's New, perhaps because it's more all-in-one-place, or perhaps because there's simply less new in a single product.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation