BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ballardw
Super User

@HeatherNewton wrote:

oh I just tried to use format best32.4 but it shows that the informat is 21.2

so somewhere the informat was already setup? I didnt know ODBS has preset schema for tables..

Format is for display, Informat is for reading external data. The two do not have to have much in common. However if the value was reading only two decimals then showing 3 or more, which a format may specify, will basically show 0 unless the value was one that has problems with binary to decimal conversion. Setting a format will never change an informat or actual values of data as read. So I am not sure what your point about this format may be intended to be.

The BESTW.D version formats from the documentation:

• The BESTDw.p format is a combination of the BESTw. format and the Dw.p format in that it formats all numeric data, and it does a better job of aligning decimals than the BESTw. format.

Alignment of decimal points may be a bit tricky in actual values displayed when a large range of values are involved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation