BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
river1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I am trying to create an association analysis with Enterprise Miner Workstation 15.1 – using the Association Node. I keep getting the error message ‘there are no rules that match the specified constraints’. I’ve not been able to find any resources on the error and what I’ve missed.

When importing the data, I changed the role to ‘transaction’ and created an ‘id’ variable and specified the target variable etc. Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

That message is quite clear, isn't it?

Most likely the input data set you have does not have products that appear together enough times in order to generate a rule.

In the Association node, there are requirements that need to be met in order to generate a rule. You can adjust the defaults on the Properties Panel of the Association node for Minimum Confidence Level and Support Percentage.

For more information on Confidence and Support, go to: SAS Enterprise Miner Reference Help Guide :

SAS® Enterprise Miner™ 15.1: Reference Help
Association Node
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/15.1/n16x97j506upgin1l90wrfc1rg0l.htm

Good luck,

Koen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

That message is quite clear, isn't it?

Most likely the input data set you have does not have products that appear together enough times in order to generate a rule.

In the Association node, there are requirements that need to be met in order to generate a rule. You can adjust the defaults on the Properties Panel of the Association node for Minimum Confidence Level and Support Percentage.

For more information on Confidence and Support, go to: SAS Enterprise Miner Reference Help Guide :

SAS® Enterprise Miner™ 15.1: Reference Help
Association Node
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/15.1/n16x97j506upgin1l90wrfc1rg0l.htm

Good luck,

Koen

river1
Obsidian | Level 7
Many thanks - I think you are right, the data is correlated but not enough occurrences to generate a rule even with a very low support percentage
novuslux
Calcite | Level 5

I am running into the same scenario in Miner 15.2. Screenshot is below of my properties, variables, error message, and a sample of my table. The table has over 750 records.  I reviewed the link to the guide that was posted previously and tried adjusting the defaults for confidence level and support percentage on the properties panel but still couldn't get it to work. What requirements am I missing to generate a rule?

miner.jpg

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Maybe you need to do this:

DATA source role :
In the Data Source Wizard — Data Source Attributes window, change the data source role from Raw to Transaction.

Koen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation