BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sharonking10
Calcite | Level 5
Why do I always get series of errors while running a SAS Program a second time.

For instance, if I run a program containing datasets for the first time, it successfully opens up all the tables.

If I lost connection to server and come back after re-connecting or probably the next time, I will get series of errors.

E.g library is not assigned.
Dataset not found.
Table doesn’t exist
A long lists of errors.
4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

How did you submit the SAS code to run?  From your mention of losing connection to the server it sounds like you are using from front-end tool like SAS/Studio or Enterprise Guide to submit your code.

If you had previously defined Librefs or created WORK datasets and your current SAS session is ended (for whatever reason) then when you establish as new SAS session you will need to redefine those librefs or work datasets before trying to use them.

It could be as simple as resubmitting the code you ran earlier before the disconnect.

Sharonking10
Calcite | Level 5
I use Enterprise Guide.
Reeza
Super User

Check if you have EG code that runs on startup that is not being run again when you re-connect. 

Sharonking10
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you everyone.
I will look at it again

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation