BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

The deployment backup is failing in our SAS 9.4 M6 environment (OS: AIX). This is the only error in the log:

2024-04-23 14:40:48,770 [tomcat-http--17] ERROR [sasadm] com.sas.svcs.backup.spi.BackupServiceImpl - The backup failed

When I enabled debug logging, I saw some additional details:

2024-04-23 14:39:14,524 [executor-1] INFO  [sasadm] com.sas.svcs.backup.dao.BackupServerHelperDAO - Received Status code: FAIL

2024-04-23 14:39:14,524 [executor-1] DEBUG [sasadm] com.sas.svcs.backup.dao.BackupServerHelperDAO - Log file path: /opt/sas/config/Lev3/Backup/Logs/2024-04-23T11_03_58/backup/ConfigDir

I checked the log inside ../ConfigDir. This is the error message:

2024-04-23 14:39:11,979 [main] ERROR com.sas.svcs.backup.server.BackupDriver - An exception while running the BackupServer executable, Exiting..... : SAS configuration directory backed failed.

Error Code: 999, Stack Trace: SAS configuration directory backed failed., java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spacecom.sas.apps.content.migration.core.ContentMigrationAdapter.migrateContents(ContentMigrationAdapter.java:21) com.sas.svcs.backup.server.handler.LevconfigBackupHandler.execute(LevconfigBackupHandler.java:254)...

I tried increasing the jvm values for SASServer1_1 from Xmx4096m and Xms1024m to Xmx8192m and Xms4096m . But it did not resolve the issue. Anyone has any idea how to resolve this? The ../ConfigDir is in the compute server. Should I increase java heap space in compute?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I think the backup is performed by the SAS Deployment Agents on the various tiers, so you could try to replace the Xmx512m in <SASHome>/SASDeploymentAgent/9.4/agentadmin.sh with Xmx1024m, and restart the SAS Deployment Agent on compute.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Greg, thank you for the suggestion. I tried that but it did not resolve the issue. 

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Do you see the heap space error in the deployment agent log?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation