BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

My default region is Europe, but I need to create a course for PharmaSUG on the server for United States 1. How do I create an account away from my default region?

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi everyone,

My research into SODA has revealed the following:

• There has to be an unchangeable 1:1 relationship between a SAS profile and a SODA region, so the profile I am using in SAS Communities can only use the Europe region.
  • However, my SAS profile email address is actually an alias, so I created a copy of that alias with "phil@" changed to "phil_us@" and associated that with a new SAS profile. This was then registered in SODA using a North Carolina location to get a United States 2 region.
  • I now have a SODA course on the relevant side of the Atlantic.

So look out for my Hands-on Tutorial at PharmaSUG on Monday morning!..........Phil

Philip R Holland

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @hollandnumerics 

Check this community article 

How to use VS Code with SAS OnDemand for Academics

It lists the North America Servers you could try to connect to when trying to login into SODA.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Phil:
Glad to know you're still teaching and doing user groups! Using the VS Code approach won't work if you need to create a class on the US servers. I checked with the SAS OnDemand team and they are opening a case for you and will contact you directly.
Best,
Cynthia
hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi everyone,

My research into SODA has revealed the following:

• There has to be an unchangeable 1:1 relationship between a SAS profile and a SODA region, so the profile I am using in SAS Communities can only use the Europe region.
  • However, my SAS profile email address is actually an alias, so I created a copy of that alias with "phil@" changed to "phil_us@" and associated that with a new SAS profile. This was then registered in SODA using a North Carolina location to get a United States 2 region.
  • I now have a SODA course on the relevant side of the Atlantic.

So look out for my Hands-on Tutorial at PharmaSUG on Monday morning!..........Phil

Philip R Holland
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

Did similar trick 🙂

But since I'm using gmail, I made it: "yabwon+us@..."

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

GMAIL ignores periods in email addresses

user.name@gmail.com and username@gmail.com are the same email address.

perhaps you could use that fact with setting up accounts in SODA?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation