BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
drshashlik
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

In SAS9.4 it is possible to run proc logistic with non-proportional odds by specifying '/unequalslopes' at the end of the model statement.

I now need to do this in an earlier version of SAS in which this option is not available.

Any suggestions how I can do this?

thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What version of SAS do you have?

And why does your title talk about PROC SQL?

--
Paige Miller
drshashlik
Fluorite | Level 6

very sorry - should be proc logistic.
I have sas9.3, but it pre-dates the unequal slopes option.

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

What does this have to do with PROC SQL?

drshashlik
Fluorite | Level 6
very sorry - should be proc logistic. apologies.
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The addendum at the end of this note on the partial proportional odds model shows how it can be done using PROC NLMIXED. Note that there have been at least six releases of SAS since 9.3. I strongly encourage you to upgrade to take advantage of the many new features that have been added over the years.

drshashlik
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, StatDave,

I would dearly love to upgrade to the newest, shiniest, version of SAS, but alas my employer is a government agency with a ZBB for stuff they don't understand.  Thus I suffer.

Ksharp
Super User

Could you try PROC PROBIT ? or PROC GENMOD for GEE model ?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation