BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
halladje
Fluorite | Level 6

What would be the code to run and pool a independent t-test after multiple imputation?

The code for an independent t-test already has a "by" specification - so how do you compute the t-test separately for each imputation? Is there a way to then pool results? Or is it just the average of the t-tests and SE's given there's no covariance structure to take into consideration since it is a univariate analysis? 

Thanks in advance, 

Jillian 

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

You can have more than one variable in your BY statement and I think you use MIANALYZE to combine the results.

halladje
Fluorite | Level 6

hmm I also have a categorical variable that I am trying to compare just particular categories for each t-test. For example, my chi-square code is as follows:

proc freq data=lpa;
by _imputation_;
tables other*class_mem/chisq nocol nopercent;
where class_mem in ( 2 4);
output out=ChiSqData n nmiss pchi lrchi;
run;

Can you do this in a t-test as well? How do you specify both the categories to be compared and the imputation statement?

Thanks so much, 

Jillian 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation