BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KnicksFan11
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I was wondering if I can use PROC SURVEYFREQ instead of PROC FREQ to get 95% CI for simple proportions in a 2 x 2 categorical table. It is cumbersome to use the binomial function in PROC FREQ to get confidence limits and involves a lot of data manipulation. It is much easier to get rowpcts in SURVEYFREQ. The Chi-Sq values seem to line up, however, the CI between the procedures are very slightly different. I am not using complex survey data, but does SURVEYFREQ work like regular old FREQ when it is fed a simple data without weights, clusters, or strata?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

See here :

SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya® 3.5 Programming Documentation | SAS 9.4 / Viya 3.5
SAS/STAT User's Guide
The SURVEYFREQ Procedure
Confidence Limits for Proportions
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/statug/statug_surveyfreq_details41.htm?hom...

Koen

SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

If you want row percentages and confidence limits from Proc FREQ in a 2x2 table setting then you could use the RISKDIFF option on the TABLES statement.

Using SURVEYFREQ is also an option, but the method by which it computes standard errors might lead to slightly different answers than you would get using Proc FREQ, even if you do not have any design variables.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation