BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SD29
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

So I have observational data where my treatment variable has three possible values (high dose, low dose, and no dose). I am calculating propensity scores for my sample and have a question about how propensity scores are calculated/work. After using PROC LOGISTIC to calculate PS, I realized that my output data has 3x the sample size of my initial dataset and for each person, I now see three rows reflecting their PS for being in each of the three treatment groups. My understanding is that SAS is calculating the probability of each person being in each of the groups but I am really confused about how to move ahead. Do I continue working with all the three PS or just use the PS for the treatment group that an individual is actually in? I am going to use the inverse of PS to weight my models.

Sorry if this is a stupid question-- I have now spent hours reading about this but I am still confused.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You are probably using the PRED= (or P=) option in the OUTPUT statement. Since you have a multi-level response, you should be using the LINK=GLOGIT option in the MODEL statement and the PREDPROBS=INDIVIDUAL option in the OUTPUT statement and remove the PRED= option. The PREDPROBS option will produce you 3 variables for that give you the predicted probabilities that each observation belongs in the 3 response levels.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You are probably using the PRED= (or P=) option in the OUTPUT statement. Since you have a multi-level response, you should be using the LINK=GLOGIT option in the MODEL statement and the PREDPROBS=INDIVIDUAL option in the OUTPUT statement and remove the PRED= option. The PREDPROBS option will produce you 3 variables for that give you the predicted probabilities that each observation belongs in the 3 response levels.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation