BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dsuchoff1
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings all.

I have a fertilizer rate dataset in which yield (response) plateaus at a given fertilizer threshold (explanatory variable), which is common in rate trials. 

I have fit the data with both a linear-plateau and a quadratic-plateau model but am not sure which is the best fit. 

I know that there is no single agreed upon metric that measures goodness of fit for nonlinear models. I've seen prior posts discuss pseudo-R^2 for nonlinear models. Would it be best to calculate pseudo-R^2 for each model and compare? These models are nested, so I believe I can also conduct a chi-square test to determine which is a better fit. If so, is this simply something to be done by hand or do macros exist for these types of comparisons, similar to the %GOF macro used for nonlinear mixed models?

Thanks

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation