BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
icipeb
Fluorite | Level 6

Good day,

I am analyzing what variables could impact one making a decision (yes or no) based on data from a complex survey design.

Using PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC and the LSMEANS statement, I am able to see if the proportion of people making a Yes decision is statistically different between, let's say, age groups.

The fact that LSMEANS assess all possible combinations (say differences between toddlers to teenagers then toddlers to adults, then teenagers to adults, etc.) is very helpful.

Is there a way to do the same using PROC SURVEYFREQ ?

I know, using TABLE and / chisq, I can determine if a variable, say age, has an impact but I cannot tell if there is a significant difference between the various age groups.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Erik 

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

LSMEANS only makes sense (to me) in modeling procedures, such as SURVEYLOGISTIC and SURVEYREG.

Its not in SURVEYFREQ because this is not a modeling procedure, and LSMEANS doesn't seem to make any sense here.

What you are asking about, comparing all combinations to one another, in theory can be done in frequency procedures (actually comparing percentages in each cell to other cells), but I don't think SAS does it directly. Here is a paper which contains a macro that does this testing in SAS: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/proceedings/sugi31/204-31.pdf

--
Paige Miller
icipeb
Fluorite | Level 6

Fair enough.

How would you go about comparing a series of means/proportions in the scenario I presented?

Erik

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@icipeb wrote:

Fair enough.

How would you go about comparing a series of means/proportions in the scenario I presented?

Erik

Modified my original post.

--
Paige Miller
icipeb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, I think I did read about this " compprop" macro elsewhere on the internet.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation