BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mcasas
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am trying to perform multiple imputation for binary data that is MNAR in SAS 9.4. The data comes from an adaptive test with large missing rates where basically 90% of the variables have missing data due to the adaptive algorithm. I need to impute the whole data set so that I can perform a confirmatory factor analysis. First, I used the FCS discrim within the proc mi statement including all my variables as class variables. My problem is that I cannot incorporate the MNAR statement and do not know how to specify the model for MNAR since I need to impute all the variables in the data set. I do not even get the MNAR statement activated when I typed it into my code.

I have read that the MNAR statement can be used along with FCS but I cannot find any example. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the code that I have for the FCS part:

%macro myimp(mydata=repcat1, myoutimp=imp1);
proc mi data=&mydata nimpute=5 out=&myoutimp;
class q1-q50;
fcs plots=trace (mean std);
var q1-q50;
fcs discrim (q1-q50/classeffects=include);
run;
%mend;

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

What release of SAS are you running?

What do you mean when you say the the MNAR statement is not "activated"?  Do you get an ERROR message in your LOG that suggests something went wrong with it?

Provided that you are running SAS/STAT 13.1 or SAS 9.4TS1M1 then you should be able to use the MNAR statement and the FCS statement together in a way similar to this example.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/66859/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_mi_examples1...

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation