BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I ran a proc GLM on a unbalanced dataset. I would like to determine what could be a good matrix of experiment for the next data collection, according to the most significant variables outputed by the Proc GLM. I have in total 10 variables. 3 among the 10 are very significant with 10 levels. I thought maybe there exists a way in SAS to specify that I want for instance a complete design for those 3 variables (which would amount to 1000 experiments), and an optimal (although not complete) design for the 7 remaining variables.... 

I precise that I'm very newcomer to the subject...

Thank you by advance 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

You can use PROC OPTEX in SAS/QC to create an optimal design that can estimate the model effects that you specify. See the discussion and examples in the OPTEX documentation.

Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your message. I read about this procedure, but the point is that I don't have SAS/QC ( I only work on SAS 9.3 at my work). I wondered if there were a way to do the same work on my current version of SAS 😕

Thank you for your help 🙂

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

A DO loop in a data step will give you the 10*10*10=1000 conditions in your experiment. I don't think there's any way in SAS to get an optimal design on 7 factors without PROC OPTEX.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation