BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
what are the differances among the s/w
1.sas enterprise guide
2.base sas

each has several versions. how could one distinguish among these.
being an individual which package i can go for to but and do my practice. am having my os vista version of windows. could any body suggest me what version of sas i can install to it.

can any body explain me. am new to this form. but finding interesting to watch posts and clear sevel of my queries. thanks to all.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
opp, the moment i posted my thread i got few ans for it. as i suppose,
base sas s/w- a programming language for data access, transforamation and reporting.

enterprise guide- powerful client appln for business analysts and programmers

sas learning edition- it goees good for the beginners preparing sas individually for certification exams.

but i left with one more puzzle is, does all these different packages provide flixibility for all os. and if being an individual i wanted to purchase the s/w which will be suitable.
deleted_user
Not applicable
its nice. i appreciate. i understood too. thanks doc@duke.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
This is probably a better question for the Enterprise Guide forum.

EG is a client of SAS. It will not run without SAS also running somewhere to do the analyses. EG uses more than just the SAS Foundation to get it's work done (particularly useful are SAS/Stat and SAS/Graph), though it will run with just the SAS Foundation available.

SAS 9.1.3 SP 4 and above will run with Vista. EG 4.1 has just been released with a Vista-aware install package (The older EG 4.1 will run under Vista, but the installation is a bit of a pain.).

As far as other OS installations, look in the SAS product installation documentation on support.sas.com. It specifies which versions of which OS have been tested for installation. You can sometimes install on other version of the same 'family' (e.g. many people run SAS 9.1.3 on XP Home, even though XP Pro is the supported OS, but there are no guarantees).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation