BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear all,
I am doing masters in pharmacology and I have no background in SAS because I am a science student. I am interested in getting into a job which is related to SAS and clinical research because I dont want to continue in research alone. Could you guys help me out by telling me what would be the best way to start with, whom I can contact and can I be able to learn SAS with out any background in engineering or software programming. Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear pallavi,
Ok it's good. U can learn SAS easily but u cant learn statistics easily. Becoz i am working in clinical trails. In this 90% of statistics are used. So that if u learn SAS is not enough for getinng a job in clinical trials u must learn statistics also. If u are able to read both then ur dream will become true. All The Best.
anil
Calcite | Level 5
It is not easy to learn SAS & Statistics.Try to get a biostatistician to get fundamental ideas clear then u can develop ur self.
All the Best
Biostatistician
Ramg
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Anil,

I am looking for job as clinical SAS programer, I need some help. Could you give me your contact phone number or mail id.

Thank you,
Ramg
CyberDivan
Calcite | Level 5
I am currently looking for a SAS Senior Statistical Programmer/Analyst

JOB STATEMENT: The primary focus of this position is to perform and lead statistical programming tasks associated with Phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 clinical trials for new drug and biological products, as well as medical devices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership and work on multiple clinical projects
• Train/mentor statistical programmers.
• Successful completion of programming tasks on time and on budget
• Expected to provide leadership in new technologies and procedures for improved efficiencies.
• Design, develop and test SAS software to implement Program Analysis Specifications (PAS) for multiple projects.
• Document and validate SAS software development according to Biostatistics standard operating procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a scientific discipline, preferably Statistics or Computer/Health Science.
• Minimum of three to five years Statistical Programmer Analyst III experience relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience.
• Ability to train/mentor statistical programming support staff.
• Knowledgeable about regulatory and ICH Guidelines as it pertains to project support.
• Excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills a pre-requisite for advancement.

This position is in Atlanta, GA

Give me a call if anyone is interested.

CyberDivan.com
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, I represent the Wits Health Consortium in Gauteng, South Africa... We seek a SAS programmer for our Clinical Trial site in Johannesburg. Full Programming position...

Are you an SA Citizen or know of one? If you are interested contact me so we can discuss this opportunity further.
Thanks
Erica Bernardo
WHC recruitment manager
deleted_user
Not applicable
dear all
Q:-
data one;
input pid;
cards;
;
here my questions is
to find how many time each id visit?

solution in the form of
pid visit
1001 4
1002 2
1003 2
1004 1
1005 1

thanks & regards
satya
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Satya,

This should work

[pre]
proc sort data=one;
by pid;
run;

data uniq_counts;
set one;
by pid;
if first.pid then count=1;
else count+1;
if last.pid then output;
run;

[/pre]
deleted_user
Not applicable
proc freq noprint;
tables pid/out=unique(keep=pid count);
run;

proc means data=one noprint; ;
class pid;
output out=unique(where=(pid ^=.) rename=(_freq_=count) drop=_type_ );
run;
deleted_user
Not applicable
Silly me, talk about complicating things 😛

Thanks
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear,

I feel it is wise decision, as there was huge scope for SAS aspirants in clinical trial and IT as well. I was also a candidate ( similar with your profile) who just started learning SAS for Base programming. All the best -SIVA
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

I am a recruiter with iPlaceUSA.Currently I have a job opening for SAS Programmer at San Diego-CA.This is a Direct hire position.

We are looking for candidates who are expert in SAS Programming in Clinical trial field.
Work authorization:-US Citizen/GreenCard holders only.

Would appreciate your help in referring me someone whom you think would be a right fit for this role.

Thanks and Regards
Sonali Patil
Sourcer
iPlaceUSA
sonali@iplaceusa.com
www.iplaceusa.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation