DBQ=xxxxx.xls;");
create table day4 as
select * from connection to atest
(
select * from "abc tensile test 6-2-11.is$"
);
disconnect from atest;
quit;

Now the excel file reads in, but in my original data file I have some values for id that have 201 202 203 R201 R202. So SAS gives me missing values for all the character variables but reads in only numeric.

How do I define conversion of numeric to character variable inside my data step above in proc sql.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
That seems cumbersome.

I suggest using proc import with type = mixed.
saslover
Calcite | Level 5
I cannot do that. My dataset has a whole lot of junk characters in the sheets and they are not similar across all excel files. So PROC IMPORT doesn't work.
Reeza
Super User
I think the dbtype= option might be what you want then.

I don't know exactly wwere/how but hopefully google can help some more.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation