BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am fitting a repeated measures model using proc mixed, data are from randomized parallel clinical trials with three treatment groups, patients are followed for a few weeks with measurement at each week after baseline. A big percentage of the patients discontiued before the end of the study (dropped out at different visits). Below is the model I try to fit:

Proc mixed;
Class treatment visit patientid;
Model change = baseline_score treatment visit treatment*visit /s;
Repeated visit / subject=patientid type=un;
lsmeans treatment*visit;

I am very puzzled that the lsmeans by visit and treatment from this model fitting are quite different from the raw means, with almost all (except one visit for one group) bigger than the raw means, which is odd. Could someone offer any insight how is this possible (because of the inbalance re discontinuation)? Or something wrong with my proc mixed model? I thought this is a pretty straightforward model.

Any response will be appreciated.

Best,

John
1 REPLY 1
wea
Calcite | Level 5 wea
Calcite | Level 5
Hi John,

have you checked if there is a linear relationship between your outcome variable and visit? If the relation is not linear, you migth want to fit another model.

W

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation