BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I am trying to import a CSV file using proc import. I have 2 variables in the CSV, one is numeric and other one is character which has values of lengths from 6-30 characters. I am able to create a sas dataset successfully, but the character variable's values are getting truncated. Does any one know how to fix this/how to change the variable length in proc import so that the values in the external file wont get truncated after importing it. I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Pallavi.
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
A search on support.sas.com with the string
IMPORT truncated

reveals this note
http://support.sas.com/kb/17/778.html

which may be relevant to your issue. If you have tried the techniques in this note, without success, your next stop should be to open a track with SAS Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you very much Cynthia, that worked for me. I really appreciate ur reply.
krishcode
Calcite | Level 5

this page has been disabled,can you please suggeset some other link .

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Or, try the search that Cynthia sugested. There is lot halo provided on support.sas.com.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation