BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

I am facing a problem with my labs dataset. There is a choice of 10 different units to choose from for reporting WBC values. the format used is 11.3(w.d). so some values are 11300.000 * 10^3/cumm which actually should be 11.300 * 10^3/cumm.
I seperated all the units into different datasets. but changing the format is not helping and the records are frozen so they can only be changed in the program.

Can any one help me as to how can I aproach the problem and have all the values in 6.3 format.

Thank in advance

April
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Where is the "* 10^3" coming from? certainly not a format, because I think the format would report it as "11.300E+3".

So, if you have a value which is reported as 11300.000 by the 11.3 format and you want it to be 11.300, then you need to divide the number by 1000 first, before reporting/printing it.
deleted_user
Not applicable
There are 2 columns one with the value for wbc another with unit. there are 12 different types to choose from so the way it looks is Col1:14.500 col2:10^3/ul
so the problem is that these values are wrong for certain subjects in terms of their decimals. We cannot apply same program to deal with all the values in a dataset. My problem is what can be done in terms of programming that takes care of the wrong values like some values look like 1130.000 or 140.000, they have been entered wrong. I hope this is understandable.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks for your time.

April

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation