BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi !
Iam looking for a job in clinical trials , can anybody post me interview question and answers asked in the interview.....

thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This previous forum posting contained a reference that might be useful:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6956ᬬ

cynthia
SA
Calcite | Level 5 SA
Calcite | Level 5
hii cynthia..r u working on sas...u r frm??
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Yes, I work on SAS programs every day. I have been programming in SAS for a long, long, long (almost 10 years for every 'long') time, in a variety of industries. Currently, I am an instructor and course developer for SAS.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
hii..cynthia....currently...i am takin Base SAS certification course.....can u please guide me..how to prepare for interviews n for certification exam...........
deleted_user
Not applicable
hii...cynthia,
if u hav any material..for preparation...can you please forward it to my given mail id......ss.sn17@gmail.com
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Exam preparation options are outlined on the certification site:
http://support.sas.com/certify/prep/index.html

As for interview questions, I can only point you to previous forum postings and the various user-group papers on selecting programmers for a job working with SAS.

Since I was a former Literature major, I am very fond of T. H. White's book about Merlin and King Arthur in which Merlin teaches Arthur over and over again that:
"education is experience and the essence of education is self-reliance." Reading about interview questions and being academically prepared for interview questions is different from having experience with the things that are being asked about.

Taking classes, writing programs for your own learning, experimenting with SAS code -- getting real experience with SAS code is the best preparation that I can recommend prior to either interviewing for a job or taking the certification exam.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear SD,

The best way to prepare for BASE SAS certification exam is by reading ( and re-reading) and understanding the books 'Little SAS Book' and Base SAS preparation guide. Try to program the problems that are given in the books. I am pretty sure, if you are a novice SAS programmer, your log will be full of error messages and warning. That is perfectly fine. SAS is a programming language and you need to learn it by 'doing'. I am a junior SAS programmer and this is the way I learned. The more effort you put in, the more you will be rewarded.

Sars Message was edited by: Sars
deleted_user
Not applicable
hii..,
thanks for the info......currently i'm taking base sas certification course..from sas authorized training centre.they are giving the material required for sas .but i wanted to know if any books other than this would help.i also wanted to know how to prepare for the certification exam.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation