BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sascreatures
SAS Employee
I know the importing data from excel sheet to sas environment but my question is how to importing data from M.S acesses to sas environment.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you have SAS/Access to PC File Formats, it includes the ability to read Microsoft Access, as well as Excel files:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/59619/HTML/default/a003103770.htm

Referring to the documentation may help you figure out how to do your import. If that doesn't help, then you might consider contacting Tech Support for more help.

To find this reference, I searched on support.sas.com with the search string:
import "Microsoft Access"

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
as per my knowledge we have import procedure to import most of datafiles and databases. for msaccess database we have both command and wizard mode.wizard is used from file menu, where as command goes like this.

proc import database=
datatable=<' tablename'>
out=
replace
dbms=access;(dbms identifier needed for msaccess 97).
run;
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
IF you have SAS ODBC licensed, you can link to the Access DB with ODBC and treat the tables like sas datasets by using the libname access to ODBC.

Doc

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation