BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
michael90
Calcite | Level 5

could someone provide me a working example for the sample data in here (sample lib):

C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-sdtm-3.1.3-1.5\sascstdemodata -> this should be an example which should run out of the box, right (when specifying the right params/locations)?

i have been trying to get a valid sdtm define xml for two days now, using macro's like cst_setStandardProperties, crtdds_validate and stutil_processsetup etc. but no luck.

my configuration:

C:\cstGlobalLibrary\standards\cdisc-sdtm-3.1.3-1.5

C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-sdtm-3.1.3-1.5\sascstdemodata

for define.xml:

C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5

C:\cstGlobalLibrary\standards\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5

maybe it has something to do with specifying the location of sasreferences (for example by using  cstSASReferencesLocation and pointing it to the ...sascstdemodata\control location) or the values of the macro values like studyroot within the paths in sasreferences. maybe the order of calling some might be messed up.

thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Lex_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Michael,

The following 2 sample drivers that ship with SAS Clinical Standards Toolkit 1.5 should run out-of-the-box:

C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5\programs\create_crtdds_from_sdtm.sas

C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5\programs\create_crtdds_define.sas

The first one converts the metadata in C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-sdtm-3.1.3-1.5\sascstdemodata\metadata to the SAS representation of define.xml in the folder C:\cstSampleLibrary\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5\data.

The second one creates a define.xml file from this data in: C:\cstSampleLibraryCST\cdisc-crtdds-1.0-1.5\sourcexml

In case these samples drivers do not run out-of-the-box, you may want to contact SAS Tech Support (Technical Support Form) to describe the exact issues and problems you are having.

It will always help to set _csDebug=1 in these drivers and provide Tech Support with a LOG file created by the programs.

Hope this helps,

Lex Jansen

Software Developer @ SAS

michael90
Calcite | Level 5

thank you for your help.

the first one runs ok. although _cstmessages gives some errors like:

The data in the &_cstparm1 field is an improperly constructed SAS name. Must be in the form [A-Za-z0-9_] CRT0107

The file &_cstParam1 was expected to exist but is missing CRT0009

Coded value is either incorrect, missing, or wrong case. CRT0114

the second, create_crtdds_define, does not generate a valid define.xml (1 kb), _cstresults contains errors like:

(Line 5/Column 203) cvc-minLength-valid: Value '' with length = '0' is not facet-valid with respect to minLength '1' for type 'oid'.

(Line 5/Column 203) cvc-enumeration-valid: Value '' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[Snapshot, Transactional]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

(Line 5/Column 203) cvc-attribute.3: The value '' of attribute 'FileType' on element 'ODM' is not valid with respect to its type, 'FileType'.

(Line 7/Column 27) cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'GlobalVariables' is not complete. One of '{"http://www.cdisc.org/ns/odm/v1.2":StudyName}' is expected.

Errors were reported in the generation of the CRT-DDS file.

any suggestions to fix it?

Lex_SAS
SAS Employee

If you get these errors out-of-the-box (i.e. you have not made any changes to the samples), I wonder if you have some installation issues.

If you are using your own source_* data sets, you might have some issues in your source_* data, likely the source_study data set.

In case the first program has issues (i.e. does not create consistent CRT-DDS model data sets), this will be a problem for the second program, that uses these datasets to cretae a define.xml file.

The driver validate_crtdds_data.sas would validate the content of these data sets.

In both cases I suggest you contact SAS Support (Technical Support Form). Without seeing LOG files it is very hard to know what your issue is.

Lex Jansen

Software Developer @ SAS

michael90
Calcite | Level 5

I noticed that there may be some installation issues since SAS is not working perfectly after an addtional (separate) toolkit installation. thank you for your help so far.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation