BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
How do I change my default home directory in SAS windows environment?
5 REPLIES 5
deleted_user
Not applicable
It is somewhat complex as you installed in your station. You can try the configure file but it always disabled the system.The best way is to reinstall it, in the process to change the default settings.
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
See this Q&A :
http://support.sas.com/faq/037/FAQ03721.html

The most tricky part is to locate your config : it is usually stored in c:\program files\sas\sas 9.1\nls\ \sasv9.cfg
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Another thing you can do, if you want your output stored in different project folders, is to use the X command. Frequently, I switch between several different projects during the day. So I have an X command at the top of a program file to change the working directory. Then I either change it back at the end of the program, or, when I log off, the working directory will be the default the next time I log on.

x 'cd c:\Project1\Output';

Just a note: the X command does NOT work in an EG environment.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
> See this Q&A :
> http://support.sas.com/faq/037/FAQ03721.html
>
> The most tricky part is to locate your config : it is
> usually stored in c:\program files\sas\sas 9.1\nls\
> \sasv9.cfg

If you really need to locate the config files used for your sas session, where you start sas modify a copy of the start-SAS icon/shortcut/command by adding
-verbose

Do this only if you _really_ need to know this information, because after reporting the config file(s) used, it adds pages and pages of information to the sas log.

Peter
advoss
Quartz | Level 8
Another thing you can do, depending upon your final goal is to use the SAS option -sasinitialfolder C:\xyz

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation