BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
4john
Calcite | Level 5
I am accessing 2-3 million records from Oracle into SAS which is taking 4-5 hrs.Is there a way to increase the performance and reduce time.I guess,DB load and server load are causing this scenario.
It takes 3.5hrs real time and 6min cpu time.
Any suggestion would be great.

Thanks,
John
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Share your SAS code used to access Oracle - also have you checked the SAS.COM support website for reference documents and supporting conference SUGI/SGF technical papers on the topic?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
MZunnurain
Calcite | Level 5
> Share your SAS code used to access Oracle - also have
> you checked the SAS.COM support website for reference
> documents and supporting conference SUGI/SGF
> technical papers on the topic?
>
> Scott Barry
> SBBWorks, Inc.

I agree with Scott Barry, a sample of code would be helpful. Are you pulling down any information that is not needed, exclude those columns you don't need. Are you doing any complicated calculations? Conversions? Simplify them. Are there any space issues where the destination files are going? Do you have the fastest possible speed set? Is there a smaller table with the same columns that you could use for testing?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation