BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
keen_sas
Quartz | Level 8
Hi

What do you mean by Pooled datasets and Adhoc reports?
How they are related to clinical trials and how they are created in clinical reports?
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Ad hoc means just what the dictionary defines it to be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hoc .
Specific, one time, not generalizable.

Pooled datasets are created when the data from multiple related trials are "joined" into one larger dataset for analysis. Because the contributing trials often have different data specifications, pooling involves a lot of data manipulation to get common variable definitions.
keen_sas
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you very much Doc.I got cleared one doubt regarding pooled datasets.

I got the meaning of adhoc ,but how this is related to sas reporting in clinical trials.
Thanks .
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It means that somebody needs a one-time report. It could be anything:

How many patients does doctor XYZ have?
If doctor XYZ dropped out of the trial, what's the age distribution of the patients who are left?
Who are the patients that had batch 12345 of the drug?
If this hurricane hits Florida, how many doctors and patients are affected?

These are not questions that you can program in advance, but a general knowledge of SAS procedures will help you satisfy these kinds of requests. I'm sure there are many other examples -- the thing is that these requests are not really predictable -- it could be anything -- that's why they're called "ad-hoc".

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation