BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi every one,

Please let me know special Input Delimiters and how we use them?

Thanks in advance
Kamal.
6 REPLIES 6
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Kamal,

There is nothing in the SAS 9.1.3 online documentation that matches that phrase, so you'll need to provide more context to your question to get a useful answer from the forum.

Doc
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Doc,

Thank you for getting back to me. That was the question posed by an interviewer. I left blank at that time. Thats how I came up here with that question. So I do not have much idea to provide more context.

Can you pls explain me life cycle of a project in clinical environment?

Kind Regards,
Kamal.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Kamal,

I agree with doc@duke. I did a lot of search on your question, but could not get any satisfactory answer.

What I guess from your query is that, you are probably looking into kinds of delimiters (eg. pipe delimiters) that we can use in our raw data, other than commas or spaces. Am I right?

Thanks

Cathy
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I thought he might also have an INPUT statement with : or ?? or + and might call them delimiters because he wasn't sure what they were doing in the INPUT statement.

This section of the doc talks about delimiters
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/59540/HTML/default/a000146932.htm#a000165927
and looking up the options described here

"The delimiter-sensitive data (DSD) option, the DELIMITER= option, the DLMSTR= option, and the DLMSOPT= option affect how list input handles delimiters."

might be a good place to start looking for a discussion of delimiters.

The section on the INPUT statement covers the various symbols you can find in the INPUT statement (@ + : ?? ) etc. And this section covers the colon format modifier (to read using an informat) and the ampersand format modifier (to read embedded blanks)
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/basess/58133/HTML/default/a001360509.htm

Finally, this tech support note has some handy examples of reading in delimited data:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts673.html

These sections in the doc are a good place to start. If nothing else, they contain enough examples that a more specific question might be the result.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your time and patience. You provided me more insights to the info. If you explain me a project life cycle in clinical environment, would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Kamal.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your time and patience. In an interview, I came across with that question.

Kind Regards,
Kamal.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation