BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vince28_Statcan
Quartz | Level 8

Astounding, I understand your point but as as with any study, there should be test candidates with effectively 0 drugs taken from start to end so you can use a change from 0 to 1 in the 1825 days array as a starting point nor the shift back from n to 0 as the end date.

There is also a chance that the minimum start_date is not equivalent to day1. Think the official study date starts on may01 but patients only came in to get drugs by may03 after being contacted on may01-may02.

Ultimately, there should be additionnal condition to the new array creation in case someone can have a start-end period less than 365 days yet still have drug count NE 0 between end date and the 365 days loop but I simply assumed that the drugs counted for the study were those prescribed for and by the study such that day{i} is uniformely 0 for all days not between start_date and end_date. Still, I agree that setting days to missing or some other code instead of 0 whenever the patient left the study early allows for more flexibility for data analysis which can be derived from start and end date.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation