BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Please provide the commands you are running in the scheduler.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

"sample.bat" file i have created with the following information below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAS\Enterprise Guide 4\SEGuide.exe" -SYSIN \\duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\Merging1.sas -NOSPLASH -ICON -PRINT \\duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\test.lst –LOG \duk2csr0026\cm\wns\Test\TEST_SA\test.log

and attached this with the windows7 scheduler to run.

scheduler commands are : ----

Create basic task - name & descripiton

Trigger - Daily & time to run

Action - start a program

Program/script - browsed and attached

Finish.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can't run EGuide that way.  If you want to run EGuide on a schedule, select file --> schedule from inside EGuide.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

i am working on sas 9.1 with the EG version of 4.1 and couldnt found anything

select file --> schedule from inside EGuide.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

here is an EGuide 5.1 image.  If you can't find something similar in your version, call SAS Tech Support.

7-17-2013 10-53-43 AM.png

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

i couldnt found any such option under File->schedule project however there is one option in Tools->schedule project . is this is the same ?

and how to use it.

thanks

sunny

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since I no longer have that version, I can only suggest that you read the help or call tech support.

sunboyss
Calcite | Level 5

ok i'll do and will get back to you on this further. thanks for your help !!

nathan_och
Calcite | Level 5

I too, am having an issue scheduling in SAS. I go to file -> Schedule Project and everything seems to set up fine. However, the project runs but without actually running the process flow within SAS. Here is what I am using to schedule the task:

Program/Script - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe

Add Arguments - "E:\Documents\CareCall\GCI\GCIF\EGScript4.vbs"

Start in - E:\Documents\CareCall\GCI\GCIF

Like I said, the tasks starts and ends without a hitch, but the process flow isn't executed and files are not updated.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You probably want to call tech support.  I just created and ran a test project on my desktop and it ran fine

Win 7-64, SAS 9.3 TS1M2 (32 bit), EGuide 5.1

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 in conversation