BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I want to integrate SAS report in to SAP Enterprise Portal (EP). Does SAS provide any Business Package for this... like Cognos provide for SAP.

Or Give me an alternate ways to integrate SAS report in EP.

Regards / Guru
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
Possibly these are what you're looking for???
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/adapters/index.html
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/mgmtsolutions/adapter13.pdf

cynthia

Otherwise, I'd recommend using the Output Delivery System to create HTML, RTF or PDF files (or LaTeX or DocBook or PostScript or ....) any of these files could be moved to a web server or a shared server location after their creation with SAS. But it really seems to me that the web sites are relevant to what you are looking for.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for your prompt reply.... Actually, in SAP we have a portal similar to "SAS Information Delivery Portal", where you expose your reports.

Now I want to expose few SAS and SAP BI reports thru SAP EP (Portal). We can easily integrate SAP BI reports as we have standard iView template. Now, my question is how to integrate SAS reports into my SAP Portal.

But IBM Cognos provides a Business Package to show Cognos reports in SAP EP, Does SAS provide any Business Package to show SAS reports in third Party Sofware.

Regards / Guru
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As I said, Base SAS has the Output Delivery system, where you can create a variety of files ready for the web -- most notably, HTML, PDF, RTF, LaTeX, DocBook, XML, WML, to name just a few. The hardest part about using ODS with Base SAS is probably figuring out where to write your SAS-created files and how to make them accessible to your SAP portal, depending on whether they use webDAV storage, web server HTTP protocol or SharePoint-type technology.

When someone uses the SAS Information Delivery Portal, they are using a whole set of web-tier "plumbing" that includes access to the servers, access to the webDAV that SAS uses, access to the Stored Process Web Application, access to SAS Information Technologies, access to SAS Java Beans and Web Services, etc, etc. I believe the answer to your question really lies in the particular configuration or product suite of SAS that you are trying to use with the SAP portal; whether you want the information surfaced in a dynamic mode, or whether you want to use SAS to create "static" HTML files that would be accessible in any web environment.

It also depends on what your expectation is. In the SAS Security Platform Administrators guide, for example, there is a discussion of how to use SAP data sources from within the SAS BI Platform (which includes the SAS Information Delivery Portal). Possibly in the SAP EP documentation, there is some information about accessing SAS data.

If, however, you have Base SAS and you want to create static HTML reports from SAS and you want to use those static HTML reports inside the SAP portal, then you might want to investigate Output Delivery System basics.

If the links above are not relevant to what you want to do, or you want to dynamically execute SAS programs from within the SAP Portal, then I believe this is a question that is best answered by your SAS Sales Rep and/or the technical consultant that he or she would work with.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation