BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5
[cross posted to SAS-L]

Anyone here using SAS/Connect and SAS/Access to ODBC to connect to MIDAS+ from a 64-bit Windows server?

We're setting up a new SAS server and having a hard time getting the connection to work. If I get directly on the server via remote desktop, a libname statement works. If I rsubmit that same libname statement from my PC, it won't work for 5-15 minutes. I sit here and every 2-3 minutes resubmit the libname and eventually it goes through.

We have install the 64-bit KB_SQL driver and created a system DSN for MIDAS. We're also in touch with tech support, but I thought I'd try here too.

MIDAS is a Cache backend if anyone has thoughts on that...
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Jen

I'm afraid I can't help you with your question but I am interested in Cache. It sounds like Midas is an Intersystems Cache system. In fact you are the only reference I could find to Cache in the SAS database. I have used mainframe SAS for years and I find myself in a new job in a Cache shop with no one using it. My hope is to increase my knowledge of SAS and Cache and possibly introduce it, if it proves to be as useful as I think it could be. If you are willing to provide me with any help or advice in this area my email is ericwolff@wolffworks.com.

In any case, thanks for reading this.

eric

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation