SAS Advanced Programmer for SAS@9

N/A

SAS Advanced Programmer for SAS@9

Hi everybody,

I'm actually preparing for the SAS Advanced Programmer Certification for SAS@9,
but I don't really know, if the topics from the SAS Base Programmer Certification are again necessary for the Advanced-Cert.
Does anybody know, if it's OK when I completely focus on the topics of the advanced PrepGuide?
I don't really need things like proc reports, proc tabulate and so on for my daily work, so it would be very helpful for me to be sure, that I don't have to repeat these things again for the Advanced-Programmer-Test.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Chris_
Contributor

Re: SAS Advanced Programmer for SAS@9

Do you have the big book for adv @9? I don't think you really need much of the base stuffs.Maybe a little of multidimensional arrays.
But the Base is the solid for adv @9. I'm also working on the adv @9.
N/A

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I have the big prepguide for adv@9.
As I could see so far, many techniques from the base-knowledge are again repeated in the advanced techniques, like multidimensional arrays or indexes, as you said.
The most detailled topics to learn are the Optimizing-SAS-methods.
I'm allready "fighting" with that Smiley Happy
Contributor

How far have you gone on the book? I'm still on chapter 3.
We can work together,by mimicking sas questions,which are not really hard or brain tasking but tickish.
I usually formulate my own questions, kind of simulate SAS questions.
Now when done with 24 chapters, you can purchase SAS Practice questions 50 of them and see how do.
If I see any relevant questions I will let you know.
From time to time, I may be slow cos, I'm completing a program in Applied Statistics.
Thanks.
Abe.
New Contributor

Hello guys,

Do you guys already gave the certification ?? Just Joined the groups and Just looking at the discussions.Can I also join too . As I am preparing for the exam too.

thanks
Phaani
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation