BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
HI,

Given the numbers of the users using Data Integration (DI) Studio is inscreasing, I thought it would be handy for SAS to add DI Studio as one the new special topic into this forum. I believe it would be really useful for the users to come here as the first place for seeking the answers and to share some tricks and solution that can solve the problems that they faced in DI Studio.

Any users would be supporting this request, and what kind of topic you would like to discuss regarding the DI Studio, please leave a message here. This might help the SAS to contruct a proper forum for us to discuss DI Studio.

Thanks.
Jason@Aus
8 REPLIES 8
Dave_SAS
SAS Employee
Jason:

Thanks for the request. I'll pass it along to the folks that are responsible for creating new forums. Since you posted your request to the clnical trials forum, are there specific topics you'd like to see discussed -- CDISC, for example?
deleted_user
Not applicable
I would like to see DI Studio topic here very much. For the first time, just create the common topic, and will see how it can be divided after users post their questions.

I have a question right now, and don't know where should I post it.
As all the metadata in DI can be produced as XML structure, there is possibility to read for example properties of tables.
Following code reads Names and Descriptions of the tables, which names contains 'abc':

filename
prop "c:\prop.xml";

filename
getProp "c:\getProp.xml";

data
_null_;

file getProp;
put '' ;
put 'SAS' ;
put '$METAREPOSITORY' ;
put 'PhysicalTable' ;
put '' ;
put '' ;
put '388' ;
put '' ;
put '' ;
put '' ;
put '' ;
put '
' ;
put '
' ;
put '
' ;
run;

proc metadata

out=prop
header=full
in=getProp;
run;

Also, tables contains a lot of another properties, for example Note. How can I access this Note property?
This put '' ; doesn't work.
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
I would also like to see a DI forum created.......it seems an obvious topic for discussion to me
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'd also support the need for a specific DI topic being created as DI threads are found all over the place at present.
Thanks.
Longimanus
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi all! It's 2010 now and I have a simple question regarding DIS. I see that people have been requesting a new thread dealing with DIS for a number of years but alas ...

I am lacking a very valuable window in my DIS session and cannot get it back (I looked and looked). You can get a small window where you can see the entire canvas. The part that you look at is shown in a "square". You can move the square and the view (the bigger one - yes, new in DIS) follows on the canvas. Any clue what I talk about? If you do, please e-mail me: menno.hilverdink@seb.se
Thanx! :-))) / Ciao! Menno
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you are in DIS 3.4:
Select Pmenu: View - Overview Window.
It's default position is bellow the Inventory/Custom/Process Library Tabs - window.
If you can't see even if it's selected, try to click on the border under the above mentioned window.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
Longimanus
Obsidian | Level 7
Superb Linus! I found the little bugger! 🙂 Merci beaucoup!
Harry
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes !! Please add a DIS Forum.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation