BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Can someone explain how the analysis datasets are created once you have the raw dataset? Is there a specification for that? Is there a raw demog dataset from which me need to create the demog analysis datatset (this is just an eg)? Who defines the derived variables or the method for defining them?

Also, are all the studies that are going on now follow the CDISC standards? I guess for creating analysis datasets we need to follow the ADaM model, right? Then what is this SDTM do? Can a particular dataset exist in both SDTM and ADaM model?

I know its a lot of questions. I am trying to get as much info as possible, and I spend a lot of time reading, but these basic things still remain unanswered!!

It is nice if someone can offer a helping hand.

Thanks

Sars
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi !

Every study is different from other and creating the analysis datasets is entirely dependent on the table shells. Depending upon the statistical analysis to be done on a given study the statisticians prepare the table shells , its a dummy table that shows you how the final table should look like and what variables it should contain. From these shells we do the programming and create analysis dataset for each table. Then reports are created as per the design of table shell.

If complex stats are being used the analysis datasets are sent to the biostatisticians and they create the report. So your analysis dataset will have variables from many tables and also calculation that have to be done to get the final variable.

The CDISC and STDM models are not used by all the companies, although FDA is in a process of standardizing the reporting.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
April.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks April for this clarification.

Sars

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation