BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chaitanya1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, I have my masters in biotechnology and microbiology. It am a CPC certified medical coverage with one yr experience. I want to make my career in sas healthcare as a data analyst. Can anyone suggest how to start with and what will be the chances of finding jobs. I am a fast learner. Any suggestions and advises are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Chaitanya1
Fluorite | Level 6
Cpc certified medical coder not coverage. Sorry for that.
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You could try SAS certification, or some University course.  Me I started off as a data entry clerk, learned SAS, moved up through DM into programming, then into Stats.  Some go through CRA then to DM, others choose other paths.  There is not one size fits all.

As for jobs, yes, quite a lot out there, look on the job boards for your area as it varies.

Chaitanya1
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, so do we also have to learn any language for sas?
Chaitanya1
Fluorite | Level 6
Also sas certification is same for Healthcare and IT or is it different
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

"Thanks, so do we also have to learn any language for sas?" - what does this mean?  SAS is a programming language used to manipulate and analyse data.  It is used across the board in fields such as healthcare, finance etc. but it is the same underlying language.  There are various components and packages, but underlying is all the same.

SAS certification is to certify you have a minimum level in the use of SAS software, it is nothing to do with IT or healthcare, only the core SAS language.

Chaitanya1
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks again, it am just learning about it..so dint know proper terms..
Reeza
Super User

Switching fields is common and having a bio background will help but this is a long road for sure. 

You can start with some of the free learning resources I've listed out here, the first SAS Programming course is free, you can download SAS University Edition for free as well. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Free-SAS-Learning-Resources/ta-p/425554

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation